Great News! Join the team – we’re recruiting!Posted on 02 July 2021
GREAT NEWS! You can join our team. We’re delighted to be recruiting for the following role:
Conference Sales Co Ordinator
£22,000 per year
20 days holiday + bank holidays
37.5 hours per week, on a rota basis. Some out of hours work may be required.
Please note – some remote working may be required for this role.
We are searching for an enthusiastic person to join our Sales and Event Co-Ordination team at thestudio in Birmingham City Centre.
Born as ‘The Orange Studio’ in 1999 we started with our award-winning Birmingham location and just 5 meeting rooms but it’s safe to say we’ve grown a lot since then. We became thestudio in 2006 and we are now an independent company, owned and run by the same team since the beginning but now having grown to 46 meeting rooms across 4 locations around the UK.
Though we’ve grown a lot our friendly, people focused ethos and culture very much remains at our heart. It’s important to us that everyone that attends one of locations feels welcome and looked after. We’re not a large corporate chain and we’re really proud of that. We work hard. We are ourselves. We have fun.
We’re passionate about giving our clients the best experience and really care about getting things right. Our aim is to exceed expectations so it goes without saying that we have a friendly, welcoming, client focused team at the forefront of everything we do. Our ‘Customer First’ mission statement is applied to all aspects of our work and is the reason our clients return time and again.
We are also passionate about our local communities, all of our food is locally sourced and we aim to do the best we can in terms of our impact on our environment.
Like we say to our clients, why would you want to work anywhere else?
about the job:
For most of our clients the Sales Co-Ordinator is the first person they speak to on their journey with us so it’s important to make the right first impression. We want to deliver our ‘Customer First’ mission statement from the very start. You’ll be working in our ‘Mission Control’ team looking after all four of our venues across the UK.
Although there are many things you will be involved with on a day to day basis, your main responsibilities will include:
· Taking sales enquiries via email, web enquiry systems and over the telephone
· Using the event diary to ensure you are maximising revenue opportunities
· Conducting site visits within the Birmingham venue and at our other locations when required
· Converting enquiries to confirmed bookings
· Co-ordinating all events, across all locations including
. Updating function sheets
. Completing final details
. Working closely with our operations teams in each location to ensure a smooth delivery of the event on the day
· Communicating effectively across all departments to ensure all appropriate team members are aware of all aspects of every event
· Working towards achieving the group sales target.
· Although previous experience in a similar role is always preferred, it’s by no means essential
· At thestudio we need passionate people with a friendly and hardworking attitude
· You need to be self-motivated from the start and having a customer focus is absolutely essential
· A ‘can do’ attitude is really important, you must be prepared to go the extra mile for our clients in order to achieve our mission of a ‘Customer First’ experience, every time
· Our clients return to us time and time again, so the ability to build and maintain good relationships is key
· As this is a sales role, you need to be target driven with a proactive attitude to sales
· We want to make sure that when our clients arrive on the day they have an experience that’s second to none. This means you need to be great communicator with natural questioning skills and a super listener
· Attention to detail is vital, so you need to be organised and be able to multi task, keeping a cool head in a busy environment
We’re a brilliant team who work closely together to deliver our clients expectations. We want great people to join us, so its important to be a team player. We’re looking for someone to be part of thestudio family, delivering an experience beyond our clients expectations every day.
No agencies please.
just to note:
To ensure a safe and seamless environment for our staff and guests we currently require all staff and customers wear a mask in public areas. All of our venues are are regularly sanitised. One way systems are currently in place and we also request the team take a home lateral flow test twice a week.
how to apply:
If you’re interested in this role email over your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Note that the closing date for applications is the 30th July 2021.